The Militant Baker is a total bad ass babe. She is a take no names, ball breaking, smash the scale body positive fighter. Her name is Jes and she is a woman on a mission - a freaking awesome in your face mission.
You might recognize her as the woman who took on Abercombie & Fitch back in May. She took a stand against what the CEO said regarding only wanting "the cool" people to wear his clothes.
She has been a Yahoo News headline story twice within the past few weeks. She started an anti-bulling campaign that created a revolution. She received over 800 entries, compiling them all on her website and Facebook page.
Her in your face take no prisoners way of getting body positive messages into the main stream media is hard to miss. She has been featured on CNN, TODAY, BBC, "People Magazine," "Time Magazine," "The Huffington Post," and more. She is awesome and it is catching on.
Here is an small portion of a very meaningful blog she wrote called ""What the F*@K Does No Diet Talk Mean?":
"...what philosophy replaces the concept of always depriving your body in order to make it some false representation of health? It's called "Health at Every Size". It goes something like this:
"What is Health at Every Size?
1. Accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes
2. Recognizing that health and well-being are multi-dimensional and that they include physical, social, spiritual, occupational. emotional, and intellectual aspects
3. Promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of sizes
4. Promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutrition needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure
5. Promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity, rather than exercise that is focused on a goal of weight loss" Now, that just makes fucking sense, don't you think? "
I LOVE Jes. LOVE her message. I read her blog. I follow her Facebook page. I am a fan. Which is why when I posted my blog on her page as a total shot in the dark that she would look at it, I screamed and did a happy dance.
Why? This happened....