Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sneaky Health: Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

     After I swore off processed white sugar (click here to read about my sugar addiction) I went on a mission to find replacements to curb the sweet tooth and keep my PCOS in check. This journey of learning about how my body reacts to sugar has lead me to vegan dessert recipes.  I found that it is possible to have dessert AND nutrition all in one AND be family approved.  The eye rolling is less and less with every delicious recipe I make.  

    We made vegan chocolate chip cookies. Oil-free, nutritious, and delicious. They are so simple to make, with real food ingredients, that my 10 year old son made them all by himself. 



 Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 mashed bananas (ripe)
1/3 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
2 cups quick oats 
1/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips 
        (if vegan use vegan chips)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes. 




   The house smelled like comfort food heaven! I had a small face smashed up against the oven window for 20 minutes anxiously waiting for his cookie magic.  The cooling could not go by fast enough. Oh my gosh, place a tray off these on the counter and watch the family swarm like bees.                                                                                                                                                               These cookies are Mom approved; both for family and waistlines. 



   
     Healthy doesn't have to mean giving up sweets. For me it meant finding an alternative route to fulfilling my cravings and still providing treats to my family. Real food with nutritional purpose disguised as chocolate chip cookies. 

100% Kid Approved Awesomeness!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment